Monday, August 20, 2018

Learning Guitar

Wannabe Guitar Hero

I'm Not Prince or Eric Clapton!

I picked up the guitar when I was around 10 years old but didn't keep up with it. Now that I'm a half century old, I want to pick it back up and stay with it until I'm at least decent at playing it. I took lessons at the local music stor for a year. My instructor taught me some guitar riffs from sons like Daytripper and Smoke On The Water, but I want to maintain and expand what I learned.

The key is to practice at least 30 minutes per day. Trouble is life has a way of interfering with it. I tried to set a time each day to practice but things seem to want to mandate my attention, especially the time between returning home from work and bedtime. Guess I need to buckle down and not let anything deter me from practicing.the guitar.

I'm currently focusing on learning rhythm guitar. There ar some R&B songs that I can practice and learn. There are also some gospel songs I want to learn. But it all boils down to practice practice practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment