Tuesday, August 2, 2022

2022 - What A Year!

It’s been a while since my last blog. I have been through some changes especially this year!  To say the least, this year has been a real BITCH!!!

To begin, my best friend. Charles A. White Jr., passed and back in April. I found out from a Facebook post he had died. It took me by surprise but not totally. We spoke often and Over the past few years his health was declining. From our conversations I felt he was not getting much help from his children who were living with him. I hated that I was in Louisville and he was in Woodbridge, VA. He was the only person I truly opened up about everything I was going through. He called often to check on me. He especially called me when I was going through low points in my life; when Cordell moved back to NC and left me to deal with the house and the times Tony was hospitalized and I was left alone in the house. I’m really going to miss being able to go to him when I need someone to talk to.

In May, the worst happened. My right foot had to be amputated. Complications from diabetes as well as changing jobs (losing insurance) led me to now being an amputee. At the moment I’m getting around using a walker and a wheelchair and relying more on Tony for everyday errands. The good thing about this is that I’m learning that I do have friends and I shouldn’t be afraid or too prideful to ask for help. Soon I will be fitted with a prosthetic leg but my life will be different from now on.

Thirdly, Tony has had a couple incidents to happen to him. First, he finds out that someone has stolen his identity and attempted to file a tax return in his name. Then, his fistula opened up whe nearly bled to death. I hopped my butt off to get to my phone to call 911, then to unlock the front door so paramedics can get inside the house. I have never been so scared or seen so much blood!! After a week in the hospital, Tony was able to come home. I spent the majority of that week cleaning up the blood in the kitchen and the bathroom. 

I thank God for getting me through all of this and the year isn’t over yet! I haven’t gone crazy or had any pity parties: I don’t plan on starting any. I pray next year will be far better than this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment